In Today’s Article At Myonlineca, We will Tell you All about FSSAI License Fee. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India has been established in the light of security and regulation under Food Safety and Standards Act 2006. Therefore, it can be said that through the regulation and supervision, FSSAI works to protect and improve the health of the people. It is to say that Food Safety and Standards Authority of India controls and monitors the units producing food items/materials.
Therefore, when any kind of business is done by an entrepreneur, then it is very important to get a license from FSSAI. The purpose of Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 was to establish an organization for all matters required in terms of food safety and standards.
Recommend : FSSAI License VS FSSAI Registration
FSSAI License Registration
FSSAI has introduced an online application called Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS) so that entrepreneurs associated with food items can apply online for the FSSAI license. This Food Licensing and Registration System is used by five Regional Offices of FSSAI in New Delhi for the Northern Region, in Kolkata for the Eastern Region, in Guwahati for North Eastern Region, Mumbai for the Western Region and Kerala for the Southern Region And in Chennai, Food Business Operators (FBO) is issued to issue licenses and registration. FLRS provides the option of checking the eligibility of food-related entrepreneurs on the basis of their business location and the kind of process related to the entrepreneur. In addition, the Food Licensing and Registration System sends automated alerts to the entrepreneurs via SMS or Email. So that the entrepreneurs can renew their registration and license time.
Before applying for FSSAI license, Eligibility is checked by identifying the entrepreneur’s premises by FSSAI, in which category the entrepreneur will apply for FSSAI license. Business Type, Business Location, Installed Capacity etc. are observed for eligibility checks. even you have to know about the Documents required for the FSSAI License for the same.
FSSAI Categories for License and registration
Central Licensing Fees
Entrepreneurs, Manufactures, Food Operators in the Central Government Agency, Ports, and FBO connected to the airport are required to obtain a license from Central Authority under this category. Under this category, the entrepreneur who receives the FSSAI license, if there is an error in the license, then he can apply for improvement ie Modification Online. In the same way, once the license is lost, it can apply online to increase the validity of duplicate copy and license ie, for Renewal. FSSAI Central License is issued to entrepreneurs by FSSAI Regional Offices.
As far as the fee for FSSAI Central Licensing is concerned, the particulars of the various functions which FSSAI has set for Central Licensing at present are as follows.
- In order to apply for a new license, the fee of Rs 7500 has been fixed annually.
- To renew the license, FSSAI has also been fixed at Rs 7500 per year.
- To improve the license, the fee will also be Rs 7500.
- A duplicate license will be given 10% of the fees for the application fee at that time. For example: As we said, currently the application fee is 7500 rupees. Now if at present, if an entrepreneur is applied for a duplicate license which was valid for one year then the entrepreneur would have to pay Rs 750 as the fee, which is 10% of 7500.
The point to note here is that licenses can be issued for more than five years.
State Licensing Fees
Under this category, Eligible Food Business Operators include small Manufacturer, Food storage related business, Food-related business, Retailer of food products, Markets related to food products and Distributor of food products. In the category of State License, the licensed entrepreneur can apply again for improvement if there is an error. Apart from this, the application can also be applied for a duplicate copy of license after renewal and licenses are lost. State licenses are issued by state authorities located in every state.
Applicable fee for FSSAI License
The Applicable fee For FSSAI License In India are as follows
- The Manufacturer and miller with Above 1MT per day Production,10,001 to 50,000 LPD of milk Or 501 to 2500 MT of milk solids per annum, has to pay Rs 5000 and The manufacturer and miller with the production of Below 1 MT of Production and 501 to 10,000 LPD of milk Or 2.5 MT to 500 MT of milk solids per annum has to Rs 3000 as a fee for FSSAI License.
- The Hotels upto 4 Star has to Rs 5000 as a fee for FSSAI License.
- Food vendors & Other food Business Operator including restaurants/boarding houses, clubs etc. serving food, Canteens in Schools, Colleges, Office and Institutions, Caterers, Banquet halls with food catering arrangements, has to Pay Rs 2000 as a fee for FSSAI License.
- The fee for Renewal of the license will depend upon the number of years selected.
- The Fee for a Duplicate license will 10% of Applicable license Fee
Conclusion on FSSAI License Fee
I Hope you like this article All about FSSAI License Fee. still, if you are confused you can check out our website to Know more about and register for FSSAI License In India.