In this article we will let you know about how to apply for e-PAN Card. As you now that having a PAN card is important and mandatory for tax purposes and other purposes but sometimes it get takes time to get a PAN card so if you don’t have a PAN card then you can apply for instant e-PAN card. Income Tax department of India launched instant e-PAN system in which you will get instant permanent account number and there is no requirement of documentation but you must have an Aadhar and a mobile number linked to Aadhar. It is a digital card and you can get this through filing an online application. If you want to apply for a e-PAN card then read this article carefully it will give you an idea about e-PAN card.
What is e-PAN card?
The Income tax department of India launched e-PAN card system in India so you can get instant Permanent Account Number on your request. It is an electronically generated PAN card which means it is a digital pan card which contains 12 unique digit number of PAN. If you have already a PAN card then you cannot use this facility. This facility of e-PAN card is available for new applicants only. This e-PAN is available for resident individuals only. If you want to apply for e-PAN card then you must have Aadhar number and a phone number which is linked with Aadhar.
Who is eligible for e-PAN?
- Every Indian Resident is eligible for e-PAN
- Every Indian resident who is individual taxpayer is eligible but company or a HUF is not eligible for e-PAN
- If you have already a PAN then you are not eligible for e-PAN
- If you want to apply for e-PAN then you must have an Aadhar card it is primary document for e-PAN
- Your mobile number should be linked with your Aadhar
- If you don’t have update Aadhar then you are not eligible for this.
How to apply for Instant e-PAN card
- You have to visit the official website of Income tax filing that is http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in./ after log on to this website you have to click on the instant e-PAN option.
- Before clicking on the button of instant e-PAN you should ensure that you are carrying a valid Aadhar and a phone number, both should be linked together because it is mandatory requirement during applying for instant e-PAN.
- After clicking on instant e-PAN a web page will open in which you have to enter your Aadhar number and details of Aadhar.
- After filling Aadhar details you will get an OTP (One Time Password) on your mobile number. You will get an OTP on number which is linked to your Aadhar. Then you have to enter that OTP.
- Then you have to upload your signature, you have to upload the scanned copy of the signature on a white paper with a resolution of 200DPI, with a file type of JPEG of 10 kb with a dimension of 2 x 4.5 cm. You have to upload your signature according to above given dimension only otherwise your application will be rejected.
- After filling of all required details you will get a 15 digit acknowledgement number to your registered mobile number.
- Then you can check your application status online and after the verification you will get an e-PAN card.
Benefits of e-PAN
If you are applying for e-PAN card then you will get many benefits like it will save your time, energy, resources etc. You don’t have to go anywhere for filing the application form you can file your application through online mode and most importantly you don’t have to wait long as you now when you apply for e-PAN card it is delivered after some days to applicant’s address so you don’t have to wait long in case of instant e-PAN and there is no requirement of much documents.
As you can see in above article that having a PAN card is important for tax purposes and now income tax department of India is providing instant e-PAN facility in this you can apply for instant e-PAN on the website of Income tax filing and you will get your e-PAN card which contain your permanent account number and you don’t have to wait for the physical PAN card. As you can see above procedure of filing application is very easy you can file your application online and there is no much document are required but you must have an Aadhar and mobile number. So if you don’t have a PAN card then you can apply for instant e-PAN card.