GST has been rollout from 1st july 2017 and already there is news published on the portal i.e Fresh new GST Registration will be start from 25th June 2017.With the advent of GST which has made the taxpaying easy for the manufacturers by removing tax on tax system in the indirect tax system. Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is used to establish one’s identity while filling documents online using internet. The digital signature has equal value to that of a hand written signature. so Let’s learn in this guide How to Register or Update Digital Signature on the GST Portal.
For enrolment of the Companies, foreign companies LLP it is mandatory to electronically sign the enrolment application using DSC. For other taxpayers the DSC is optional.
Who can sign using DSC?
|S No.||Type Of Business||Who Can Sign Using DSC|
|4||Company, LLP ,Trust, Club, Society, Local Authority, Statutory Body And Government Department||Authorized Signatories|
For registering and updating DSC on GST Portal on has to have a DSC. If one does not have a DSC then it can be obtained directly from any Certifying authority in India by filling the given form, attaching required documents and payment of certain fees. Some of the certifying authorities are:
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) “http://www.tcs-ca.tcs.co.in”
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) “http://nicca.nic.in/”
- IDRBT Certifying Authority “http://idrbtca.org.in”
- SafeScrypt CA Services, Sify Communications Ltd. “http://mcacert.safescrypt.com”
- Code Solutions CA https://www.ncodesolutions.com
Registration for Msigner utility
Msigner is utility for enabling DSC one can download the same from https://www.gst.gov.in/help/docsigner. To download and install it one has follow the procedure given:
- Download the web socket installer from the DSC Registration page of GST Common Portal.
- Then double click on emSigner.msi to run it.
- Then emSigner Setup assistant wizard is displayed. Click the Next button. Then select the folder and click Next button.
- Then emSigner Setup page is displayed. Click Install button to install it.
- Click finish button to exit the set up wizard.
- Run the emSigner as administrator by clicking right and selecting run as administrator.
- A message will be displayed then click ok Button
- On successful set up a Digital signature signer window will be displayed.
Procedure to register DSC on GST Portal
1. One has to access the GST home page @ gst.gov.in.
2.One then has to login by clicking the Existing User Login Button.
3. After login welcome page will be displayed. One has to click the continue button.
4.Here a dashboard will appear then one has to click on it and then click on register/ update DSC command.
5. Here the Register Digital Signature Certificate page will be displayed. In the PAN of Authorized signatory List one has to select the authorized signatory of whom DSC you want to register.
6. One has to select I have downloaded and installed the signer checkbox and then has to click on the proceed button.
7. One has to select the certificated and click the sign button.
On successful registration a message will be shown that your DSC has been successfully registered.
The procedure for updating DSC on the GST portal
- One has to access the GST home page @ gst.gov.in.
- One then has to login by clicking the Existing User Login Button.
- After login welcome page will be displayed. One has to click the continue button.
- Here a dashboard will appear then one has to click on it and then click on register/ update DSC command.
- Here the registered DSC page will be displayed. In the PAN of Authorized signatory List one has to select the authorized signatory of whom DSC you want to update.
- Click on the update button and continue button.
- Select the certificate and click on sign button.
- On successful update a message will be shown that your DSC has been successfully updated.
So hope this above article is very helpful for you to register or update your digital signature on the gst portal. if you have any query or need services for the GST Registration then connect with myonlineca at your fingertips.