Online GST Registration in Mumbai already has been started but there are lot of the old Mumbai or Maharashtra taxpayers which are already registered under the MVAT or service tax and now they want to convert into the GST or they want to open a new firm with the gst registration in mumbai. So Today in this article I am going to tell you the complete procedure for the GST registration in Mumbai or Maharashtra State.
The current all indirect taxes levied by Central and State Government will be replaced by Goods and Service Tax (GST). It will be the biggest tax reform in Indian history after independence, and it will improve the ease of doing business in India. GST will provide the single tax on all goods and services across the country. It will remove the shortcoming of the current tax structure. GST is proposed to implement by 1st July 2017. More than 60 lakh taxpayers have enrolled for GST till 30th April 2017, and now the GST enrollment window has open again from 1st June 2017 for the taxpayers who have not registered themselves for GST. GST will be applicable on all taxpayers of the country, so if you have still not registered for GST, please register yourself on GST portal.
Recommend Read about Documents Required for GST Registration.
Tip : just fill up below form and get instant quote for GST Registration in Mumbai or Maharashtra state in your Email Inbox
All the existing taxpayers of Maharashtra and Mumbai registered under MVAT / CST have to follow the below procedure to migrate in GST –
1. To register for GST, you need provisional ID
2. First, visit the official website of Maharashtra VAT Department http://www.mahavat.gov.in/Mahavat/HomeController?login=login and log in with your credentials.
3. When you enter the credentials and submit a pop-up window will show you the provisional ID and password. Note down these details because you will require these detail for GST registration.
4. To sign up on the GST portal, you require following things –
- Provisional ID and Password from State Tax Authorities
- A valid Email ID
- A valid Mobile Number
- Bank Account Number and IFSC code of your bank
- Proof of Address of the business
- Details of directors or prompters
- Detail of Authorized Signatory
- Details of registration of existing indirect tax registration
5. When you have all these details with you, please visit the official website for GST registration https://www.gst.gov.in/ to register for GST.
6. When you open the website you have to click on New User Login.
7. When you click on the New User Login, you will be redirected to another webpage where you have to select the check box to confirm terms and conditions and then click on continue.
8. The website will show you the below list of documents which you need at the time of registration.
9. Again you have to press continue, and you will be redirected to another webpage. Now enter your Provisional ID and Password and click on Login.
10. Now you have to fill your Email ID, Mobile Number and click on continue.
11. OTP will be sent to your Email Id and Mobile; now you have to fill the OTP and press continue.
12. Enter Username and Password for your next time login.
13. Fill the security answers which will help you to reset your password, in case you forget your password.
14. Now your GST credentials are created successfully.
15. Now you have to re-login on the GST portal https://www.gst.gov.in/ by using your credentials and fill all the details which are required. After filling all the details click on save and continue.
16. Now fill the details of Proprietor or Partners of your company and upload necessary documents. Now click on save and continue
17. Fill the details of authorized signatory and enter other required details and upload documents. You can upload the PDF format; scan copy or image of the required documents. Now click on save and continue.
18. Enter the address details and commodity details of the business. Now Save and continue. If you do not have an idea about the HSN code, then search HSN by name and select the appropriate code from the list of displayed HSN codes.
19. Enter your bank account details and upload the documents.
20. Click on verification checkbox and submit with digital signatures. Digital signature is a mandatory requirement for LLP and Companies. Click on submit button to save your documents and uploaded information.
21. Click on proceed. Make sure your DSC dongle is inserted into the desktop or laptop.
22. Click on the sign from the pop-up window. If you want to view the details of your DSC, you can click on the view certificate button.
23. Now it’s time to submit. After successful submission, you will get a message on the screen and will receive the acknowledgment within 30 minutes on your registered mobile number and email. You will also get a reference number on your mobile and email id.
If you are not able to upload any document, please check your internet connection, file size, and format of the document.
So I have tried to mention all possible information in this article which is required for GST registration in Mumbai VAT/CST taxpayer. I hope this article will help you in the GST registration process in Mumbai and Maharashtra. If you want to give any suggestion, you can write in the comment box or can contact us.