Import Export Code (IEC Code) is playing very important role for the Importers and Exporters in India. So after your Firm Registration or Company Registration you have to always apply for the IEC Code. So Let's learn about How to Apply for Import Export Code(IEC Code) step by step Online and offline Procedure.
Import Export Code (IEC) is a 10 digit code which has permanent validity and is issued by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India. Without this code, any person or entity cannot do export-import business in India. Although following entity or person are not required to obtain IEC:
- One who is exporting or importing goods for personal use and not for business manufacture or agriculture.
- One who is exporting or importing from or to Nepal or Myanmar which should not exceed Rs 25,000 in single assignment and should be through Indo-Myanmar border areas
- Ministries or the department of central government or state government.
Why Import Export Code (IEC)?
- Every importer, as well as every exporter, is required to register IEC.
- IEC holder is not required to file any returns
- It is issued for a lifetime and needs no renewal.
- You can avail benefits on the export or import from DGFT, Custom etc.
Let's Start Your IEC Code Registration &
Helps in Make in India
Trusted by More than 5000+ Small Business
India's Only Low Cost Platform to Register your Import Export Code (IEC) Application
IEC Code Registration Online Package @ 3000/- INR
Founder at VARIANT GLOBAL
I have done my Import Export Code Registration with MyOnlineCA Online without visiting any department at my fingertips. Now i can easily start my small import export business from bangalore. Highly recommend to myonlineca for the IEC Code registration. it's a such a great platform to get done registration at the lowest cost.
Vrinda IEC Code Registration Number From DGFT Department : 0717506916
How to Apply for Import Export Code IEC Code Offline
Step 1 : You have to file an application in Aayaat Niryaat Form 2A (ANF 2A) format to the Regional Authority of the DGFT in whose jurisdiction your registered office is situated. Step 2 : Following documents are required for IEC application:
- Aayaat Niryaat Form which is duly filed
- Bank Receipt /Demand Draft details as evidence of payment of application fee of Rs. 500/-. DD drew in favour of Zonal DGFT.
- Certificate from the applicant firm’s banker in the format specified.
- Self-certified copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) issued by Income Tax Authorities. (Only one IEC is issued against one PAN no.)
- Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant. The photograph on the banker’s certificate should be attested by the banker of the applicant.
- Self-addressed envelope duly stamped for Rs.15/-(for Local Address) & Rs.20/- (for Outstation).
- Address proof of the applicant firm / individual.
- Details of Partners / Director / Proprietor / Trustee & their complete details, List of branches, registered office, Head office, and factory located in India & abroad with contact details.
- In case of Limited companies (both Private and Public Ltd.):
- Extract of Board Resolution in favour of the applicant.
- Memorandum of Association along with Certificate of Incorporation.
- Form 32 in the case of change of Directors and Form 18 in the case of change of registered office-whichever applicable.
- In case of Partnership firm:
- Notarized Partnership Deed showing the date of formation of the firm.
- No Objection Certificate from other Partners/HUF.
Step 3 : You can download the application form from gov.in and search for “Application Form for Issue Importer Exporter Code Number (IEC)” or use this link or can obtain a form from any regional offices of DGFT. Step 4 : You can submit the filled application with all required document to your regional DGFT office or you can post it to the regional DGFT office. Step 5 : You will be given a file number and you can use it to check the status of your application on dgft.gov.in.
Online procedure for Obtaining Import Export IEC Code
Step 1 : You have to submit a duly filled application form online at the DGFT official Website along with the documents required. These documents should be in pdf format only. Step 2 : You should have scanned copy of the following in gif format which should not exceed 300 KB:
- PAN (both sides) ,
- applicant Photograph ,
- Bank Certificate
Step 3 : Exporter must have a Net banking account with one of the following banks
- HDFC BANK
- ICICI BANK
- BANK OF INDIA
- STATE BANK OF INDIA
- CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
- UTI/AXIS BANK
- UNION BANK OF INDIA
Step 4 : You have to go to DGFT Website and Click on “IEC Online Application”. Step 5 : You then have to enter your PAN number. So as to create new IEC application select ‘Create’ from ‘File’ menu. Step 6 : It will then display new ‘ECOM Reference No. Step 7 : you then have to fill in your details like name and designation of the applicant, address, pin code, phone no, email address, Date of Establishment, PAN date, PAN Issuing authority, Banker Name, Bank Account Number. Step 8 : You will have to make a payment of Rs.250 through online fund transfer from the selected banks. Step 9 : It is mandatory for all applicants to upload the documents based on your entity e.g. company, sole proprietor, partnership etc, PAN card, Photograph and bank certificate. Select:
- PANC to upload PAN Copy
- FOTO to upload Photograph of Applicant
- BKYC to upload Bank Certificate Copy
- MOAS to upload the Memorandum of association
- EBRA to upload Extract of Board Resolution
- FM32 to upload Form 32 in case of change of Directors
- FM18 to upload Form 18 in the case of change of registered office-wherever applicable.
- AOTH to upload any other relevant document, if required.
- ANFP will remain to disable always.
- NRID to upload the RBI approval letter. (Applicable in case of NRI)
Step 9 : The documents required are complete and submitted to DGFT you will get your IEC in one or 2 weeks. Step 10 : If one wants to modify IEC then if an application for modification or amendment is made within 90 days then no fee is payable but if after 90 days then payment of Rs. 1000 has to be made in form of demand draft to concerned regional authority. So above are the Online and Offline Procedure to obtain the Import Export Code. Hope this article helpful for you regarding apply for the Import Export Code. if you need any professional Import Export Code Service then place a request on MyOnlineCA and Get done IEC Code at fingerTips.